Legends of the Eclipse
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Illithids gain -2 Con, +2 Int, and +2 Cha.
- Type: Illithids are aberrations.
- Size: Illithids are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Illithids have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Illithids begin play speaking Common.
Defense Racial Traits
- Resistant: Illithids have a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects and poison.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Improved Grapple: Illithids do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple combat maneuver. In addition, they receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple a foe. They also receive a +2 bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an opponent tries to grapple them.
Magical Racial Traits
- Spell-like ability: Illithids can cast sleep at-will as a spell-like ability. The caster level for this ability equals the illithid's class level.
Movement Racial Traits
Offense Racial Traits
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision: Illithids can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Weakness Racial Traits
- Light Sensitivity: An illithid is dazzled as long as she remains in an area of bright light.
Other Racial Traits
- Facial Tentacles: Illithids have four long, flexible tentacles protruding from where their mouths are that can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tentacles, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action.