Legends of the Eclipse
Cruel and cunning, drow are a dark reflection of the elven race. Also called dark elves, they dwell deep underground in elaborate cities shaped from the rock of cyclopean caverns. drow seldom make themselves known to surface folk, preferring to remain legends while advancing their sinister agendas through proxies and agents. drow have no love for anyone but themselves, and are adept at manipulating other creatures. While they are not born evil, malignancy is deep-rooted in their culture and society, and nonconformists rarely survive for long. Some stories tell that given the right circumstances, a particularly hateful elf might turn into a drow, though such a transformation would require a truly heinous individual.
Physical Description: Drow are similar in stature to humans, but share the slender build and features of elves, including the distinctive long, pointed ears. Their eyes lack pupils and are usually solid white or red. drow skin ranges from coal black to a dusky purple. Their hair is typically white or silver, though some variation is not unknown.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Drow gain +2 Dex, -2 Con, and +2 Cha.
- Type: Drow are fey.
- Size: Drow are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Drow have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Drow begin play speaking Elven and Undercommon. Drow with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: Abyssal, Aklo, Common, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, or Goblin
Defense Racial Traits
- Elven Immunities: Drow are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and effects.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Skill Bonus: Drow have a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Magical Racial Traits
- Spell-like abilities: Drow can cast faerie fire at-will as a spell-like ability. The caster level for this ability equals the Drow's class level.
Movement Racial Traits
Offense Racial Traits
- Weapon Familiarity: Drow are proficient with hand crossbows and rapiers.
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision: Drow can see in the dark up to 120 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Drow can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.
Weakness Racial Traits
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds a drow for 1 round; on subsequent rounds, she is dazzled as long as she remains in the affected area.
Other Racial Traits